Call to Artists, writers, poets, vacationers, humans in general

Please Send Post Cards

Post Card Journeys Second Call

The post cards are coming in and beginning to fill the case I have for them. I am enjoying the cretivity, imagination and bizarreness of some of the pieces. The variety is amazing.
Some of these small and personal aesthetic messages bring on the nostalgia and I get this desire to see old friends and meet some of these people who I don't know yet.

Keep them coming. If you've already sent one (or many), thank you. There is still plenty time for more.

It's easy to do.

Pick a card, make a card, steel a card.

Think of something to say.

Begin the text with "Dear Tom" or something similar.

Throw a stamp on it and send it to.


Allied Arts
1418 Cornwall Avenue
PO Box 2584
Bellingham Washington 98227

I will display the cards at the show and there will be post cards at the opening to send out. My objective is to open up the idea of a group show to really be inclusive, so that people who may never have a chance to participate in a gallery event can, and also to expand the scope of the show by sending postcards out into the world as part of the display I have also set up a blog site to display some of the cards

http://tomsemplepostcard.blogspot.com/ as soon as they begin arriving.

Thank you all

Tom Semple

Friday, March 20, 2009

The post cards are beginning to arrive. I have pictures that I will post later today. Keep them coming. It's more than ok to send more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment